It’s my birthday, and I’m feeling celebratory.
The past year has been a roller coaster for me – one of the hardest and one of the best ones ever. I’ve never been less sure of myself… or more willing to go for it anyway. I’ve never felt more nervous… or more daring; more lost… or more north star bound. I’ve never been more exhausted… or more excited and energized.
It’s been one of those years in which the person I was going in is not the same person I am coming out. And that’s good. It was time for change.
And now, it’s time to celebrate.
I’ve decided to have an interactive sort of birthday, so if you take a second to answer these questions, you can contribute to the success of my birthday shenanigans. Ready? Okay, let’s go.
- What should I wear to the party? (I’m leaning toward the kilt-cape-top hat- monocle combo, but I’m open to suggestions.)
- What shoes should I wear to the party? (This gets its own question because despite my wondrous evolutionary tendencies this year, I still don’t know how to pick the right shoes.)
- What should I drink at the party? (It’s Mexican food tonight, so a margarita is the obvious choice, but – just so you have all the facts – where we’re going, on Tuesdays, draught beer is only $2!)
- What should I eat? (I think something I’ve never tried before. It’s my birthday. I don’t think I should have to concern myself with what’s on the menu.)
- How old should I be? (It’s my birthday. I don’t think I should have to concern myself with the truth.)
Okay, dive in! My party is yours for the making!